– To go on (terus)
kata kerja yang mengikutinya harus berkhiran ing
Contoh: He went to spreaking for two hours
– Not to turn a hair (tidak merasa terganggu)
Contoh: The strange noise frightened me, but Mary didn’t turn a hair
– To ask for light (minta api)
contoh: my cigarette has gone out, have you a light, please?
– Thank goodness (untung)
contoh: Thank goodness there was a doctor there when you felt ill
– In time (pada waktunya)
Contoh: She didn’t arrive in time to catch the train
– On time (tepat pada waktunya)
Contoh: He wasn’t late. He arrived on time.
– Many happy returns of the day! (selamat ulang tahun)
Contoh: As it was his birthday I wished him many happy return of the day
– The time of our lives (merasa sangat bahagia)
Contoh: With all this money , we shall have the time of our lives
– To see the sigths (melihat pemandangan)
Contoh: Have you seen the sights of paris?
– The rush about (lari)
Contoh: He rushed about with amazing energy
– To feel small (merasa malu, merasa dirinya kecil)
Contoh: It was my fault, I feel so small
– At first (pada mulanya)
Contoh: At first I didn’t like him
Entry filed under: Idiom.